Saturday, September 26, 2026

Death's Head: The World In Question - Entry 1

ENTRY ONE: THE BODY IN QUESTION

Datalog 516-87-1961

Am I really doing this? Hn. Fine. Suppose so.

Right. Name’s Death’s Head. Heard of me, yes? Number one freelance peacekeeping agent in the galaxy. Universe. Multiverse. Whatever.

Currently working for the TVA - Time Variance Authority if you didn’t know. They’re the ones who want me to put together this record. Why? Beats me. Apparently it’s something they ask all of their agents to do, though I’ve never heard of anyone else having to put something like this together. Not that I ever talk to anyone here.

Where do you start with someone like me? Been everywhere in the galaxy at this time. Everywhen, too. Beauty of time travel, yes? 

Suppose I should start from the beginning. Or at least what I think is the beginning. Always a good place to start, yes? Middle is also good, since it gets quicker to the point, but in this case… yeah. The start is good.

So, there’s this place called Styrakos. Never heard of it? Probably wouldn’t. It’s not really a planet but another dimension. What separates a dimension from a universe? Don’t look at me, I’m not your teacher. Anyway, it’s a place where magic and technology coexist in a strange balance, going back and forth on which one gets to rule over the other. Kind of like that one planet. Prysmos, yes? The one with those knights and lords and visionaries and whatever. Hn. Wonder if there’s some copyright infringement to look into there?

Sorry, keep getting distracted. Waiting for a call from a client and I’m doing this while I wait. The light keeps blinking and I think it’s them but it’s… never mind. Forget it.

Right. Styrakos. Magic and technology, back and forth. Eventually, a magician by the name of Lupex comes along. Real powerful fella. Bit too powerful, yes? In order to survive, he has to transfer his spirit into a new body in order to keep trucking along. But he eventually realizes that he can’t do it for very long, so he creates what he hopes will be the perfect body. One that will last a while. Puts it aside until he’s ready to use it.

Around this time, he takes on an apprentice. Pyra, is her name. Beautiful lass and Lupex, well, he falls in love with her. She strings him along before rejecting him in favor of another bloke. Klu was his name, I believe. Lupex ain’t happy about this so he kills Klu and takes his body. Pyra isn’t much a fan of this, no? So she finds the body he had built and programs it with a unique, independent personality.

And that’s where yours truly comes in.

Now, what happened after that, your guess is as good as mind. Pyra’s plan of revenge never came to fruition as someone stole me and super-sized me somehow. Made me a massive fellow, yes? Before I knew it, I was calling myself Death’s Head and taking jobs as a freelance peacekeeping agent. No, I’m not a bounty hunter. Let’s make that one clear, yes?

And, see, this is where things get fuzzy. There are some adventures I had that you - the folks on Earth-1218, yes? - were exposed to after some others but might’ve taken place before those others. I think. Maybe. Been trying to sort that out with Mr. Paradox, my handler, but he’s been busy with other stuff I guess.

Hnn. Doesn’t matter, I suppose; my client is finally calling. I’ll pick this one up later then, yes?  

No comments:

Post a Comment